Monday 20 September 2010

Mushrooms pizza topping!

Well, I told you I would make it up to you during the week. And here I am! Sooner than I expected!
Last night after we safely arrived from our trip we were hungry! Really hungry! And what is quicker and yummier than cooking a pizza?! Especially if you are like me and always have the dough pre-cooked and waiting for you inside the freezer! So I only had to take the dough out of the freezer and while it de-froze in the microwave oven, I prepared the topping.
I just love this pizza topping! A friend of mine once prepared it and since then it has become a must cook whenever I make pizza. It is just so smooth and yummy!
I was tired after the trip so I only took a pic of the mushrooms. And there wasn't any pizza left for me to take a picture later!!
So, here it goes!


Ingredients:
butter
200grams fresh mushrooms
50grams scallions
3/4 cups of white wine
100 grams muzzarella cheese (cut into 1" cubes)
1 cup Tomato sauce
1 Pre-cooked Pizza dough

Preparation instructions:
Slice the mushrooms and chop the scallions. In a small wok or pan, melt the butter, add the sliced mushrooms and the chopped scallions. Cook them until almost done (about 5 minutes). Pour the white wine and cook until the wine is reduced almost completely.
Take the pre-cooked the pizza dough and spread the tomato sauce on top of it. Then add the mushrooms preparation and finish with the muzzarella cheese cubes.
Put the pizza in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted. It is then, ready to be eaten.


How the mushrooms and the scallions look after being cooked in the white wine


Hope you like it! If you make it, please come back here and let me know how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment